Weighing the Cost of Dental Implants
Without question, dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth. However, one of the primary reasons patients shy away from this superior solution is cost. While the price difference between a traditional restoration (crown, bridge, denture) and a dental implant is notable, it is important that you carefully consider what you’d be getting from your implant investment. Most patients quickly realize that in the long run, implants are a more cost-effective option.
Factors that Influence Cost
The cost of dental implants can vary from patient to patient. The main determining factor is the complexity of your implant surgery, including how many teeth need to replaced and whether or not you will need bone grafting or a sinus lift to accommodate your implants. Other influential considerations are the specific imaging/scans needed prior to your surgery as well as the brand/material of the post, abutment and prosthetic tooth that will be used.
Why Dental Implants Are Affordable
There are several reasons why dental implants are cost-effective, despite the expensive price tag.
- Permanent – your implants are designed to last a lifetime
- Less Risk of Damage – compared to traditional restorations, there’s less need for repairs or replacement
- Avoid Sunken, Aged Face – unlike other options, implants help retain the shape of the jaw, which can prevent premature facial aging and the need for extra cosmetic treatments
- No Adjustments/Relines – if you have implant supported dentures, you can avoid the cost of relines, which are a routine part of traditional denture care
- Convenient, Less Hassle – you can care for your implant just like real teeth without special hygiene products, a time and money saver
Dental implants carry a 95% success rate when completed by a qualified and experienced provider such as Dr. Wayne Suway. They are a natural, comfortable and lasting solution that patients undoubtedly prefer over traditional methods. If you are worried that your wallet can’t handle the upfront cost of implants, let us know. We are happy to discuss payment options.
Posted on behalf of Wayne G. Suway, DDS, MAGD
1820 The Exchange SE, Suite 600
Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: (770) 953-1752