Dental implant placement is not what it was a decade ago – it is substantially better. For both the patient and the dentist, dental implants have dramatically improved with the integration of 3D Cone Beam technology. This advanced three-dimensional x-ray technology allows your dentist to see a complete and accurate depiction of your overall oral and facial bone characteristics as well as the nerves and sinuses that surround your jaw. This can be done prior to surgery so that your dentist can plan for the most precise and successful implant placement possible. The 3D Cone Beam allows for “guided implant surgery.” And if you are getting titanium posts inserted into your jaw to support a new set of teeth, wouldn’t you want your dentist to have this remarkable foresight?
Cone beam imaging can improve every aspect of your dental implant experience, including your diagnosis, treatment, comfort and recovery. Here is a summary of the possible benefits you will reap from choosing a dentist who uses the 3D cone beam for implant placement:
• More accurate diagnosis since your dentist will have a clearer picture of your bone structure and root positions.
• Better surgical planning due to the fact that your implant surgery can be performed “virtually” prior to the actual procedure.
• Smaller incisions and less blood loss since there is not a need to make large “exploratory” incisions to determine implant placement.
• Unrivaled precision of dental implant placement—within .01mm of accuracy!
• Decreased risk of harming vital structures or nerves in your mouth during surgery.
• More durable and stable implants since the technology provides density algorithms of your jaw and ensures the implant is placed at the strongest, most dense sites.
• Faster and more comfortable healing since guided implant surgery is less invasive.
As an added bonus, it only takes a few minutes to gather this valued information from 3D Cone Beam Imaging. Within seconds this state-of-the-art x-ray machine can take hundreds of pictures of your mouth and face to produce a clear, three-dimensional virtual replica of what can’t be seen with the naked eye. At the office of Dr. Wayne Suway, we are proud to adopt the latest implant technology when placing implants. Call our office today and discover for yourself how 3D imaging can improve your dental implant procedure and results!
Posted on behalf of
1820 The Exchange SE Suite 600
Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: (770) 953-1752
Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.